Ways to Volunteer
Becoming a Big
Becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister is one of the most enjoyable things you’ll ever do, not to mention, one of the most fulfilling. You have the opportunity to help shape a child’s future for the better by empowering him or her to achieve, and the best part is it’s actually a lot of fun. You and your Little can share the kinds of activities you already like to do:
- play sports together;
- read books;
- eat a pizza;
- go to the beach; or
- just give some advice and inspiration.
Whatever it is you enjoy, odds are you’ll enjoy it even more with your Little — and you’ll be making a life-changing impact.
Our volunteers are our most important resource at BBBSKY. We are always need help in various areas:
- Office Administration e.g. working in the office for a few hours to help answer the phone, prepare documents, assist with filing, run errands and do research;
- Special Event Planning and Fundraising – help us identify, design, plan and execute special events for fundraising or BIG impact days for our Matches (Bigs and Littles) with fun activities, motivational speakers or group outings;
- Providing on-site support for Group Outings or to coordinate Match Activities; and
- Marketing & PR - assistance with preparing and maintaining our Marketing and PR toolkit, maintaining our website and implementing our social media strategy.